Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another Surprise Visitor

You may remember a couple of months ago I had my first anonymous commenter

Now, Ms. Dana is as cute as they come, and I love that she lives in the Charlotte area.  She has so many inspirational photos, and one of my very favorite things about her blog is "Thoughtful Thursday."  The girl finds some of the best quotes.

Now, I'm going to be really honest here:
  • I truly love blogging just as a creative writing outlet.  I don't do it nearly as often as I used to, and I don't do it nearly as often as I want to.  Part of that is a having less free-time these days and part of it is Facebook just seems easier and faster.  And part of it is inane excuse. But I do love writing (which, sidenote: I was voted Best Storyteller in my fourth grade class - clearly it's the honor that keeps on giving). And my AMAZING and SUPPORTIVE and ENCOURAGING mother-in-law keeps telling me about writing contests to enter.  How sweet is that?  But umm, I haven't done it.
  • I don't want to make money off my blog.  I have no problem at all with blogs that are money generating and more power to those writers who have the know how and fortitude to make a living off their blogs. But I definitely don't have the energy for that. 
  • I am not trying to get a huge blogging audience.  If you want to read what I write, thanks!  And if blogs make you want to rip your fingernails out, fine! I just like to share my blog with friends as a way to stay connected.
But oh my heavenly days is it fun to receive comments (which, to date, have all been positive) and to hear the thoughts of those who take time to read it.  So, thank you to those of you who have commented.  Know that it really does make my day to receive each and every one of them.

Which, sadly, makes me sound like I am begging for comments.  And, I am.  Go! Leave a comment now!  Ha ha!  Kidding!  Kind of.

But anyway, I had another sweet comment this week from someone I have never met before that lives across the country.  I think she saw a comment I left on another blog and jumped on over to mine.  That is the most fun!  So, of course, I jumped on over to her blog to see what's going on over there! 
Her blog is called "Modern Earth Design" and oh my, is she doing some neat and amazing things over there!  Y'all!  You've got to go check out what she is doing in this teacher's lounge.  A TEACHER'S LOUNGE!  Luckiest teachers EV-AH!  And these chairs?  Why yes, I am a smitten kitten.  She could totally rock my Rescue Mission Shoppe. 

Would love to tune in with more wonderful blog discoveries as I find them.  See?  It's not all mice and ants and beetles over here!

2 comments:

  1. Oh,my! I am so humbled that you would say those really sweet things. You rock! I love your writing style. I feel like we just went and got a coffee and sat down and talked. Btw..love that scripture verse that you have underneath your picture. Needed that today : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Kels - I totally wish we COULD go have coffee together! Wouldn't that be fun? Really look forward to continuing to tune in to your blog!

    ReplyDelete

We can all be sweet and kind, yes? I am so thankful when my Wonder Readers share their positive thoughts with me!